How To Create a Home Office
The dream of many people and especially mine, is to work from the comfort of your house, but let’s be honest, we all need the perfect work-space , however small the space is, It must be a point of inspiration and concentration to help us perform our work. Several people have asked me how to create a home office because they have seen some pictures, videos and publications about it, so I want to like share some tips for you to create your own magical place where you can create and develop your skills.
Before we begin, I should clarify that these tips are based on my work space requirements to facilitate my day to day work regimen, You can modify these tips to suite your work-space needs, I will leave links to the items that i will be using in-case your are interested in using them for your home office project.
- The first thing you will need is a peaceful space,with plenty of good lighting, if possible with doors so you can focus on your projects.. If you have an extra room at home, you can easily transform it to the perfect home office,. But if this is not the case, you can utilize a large closet, under the stairs, the garage and even your bedroom.
- If you have a desk-top pc at home, you can use a compact table for storing your documents and tools such as computer accessories. In my case I have my iMac, with its keyboard and mouse,its an essential tool for word processing, editing videos and design ideas for my Blog, I also use my iPad, which can send / read mail, messages, listen to music, watch videos, read news and reviews, as well as being in touch in social networks. I like to utilize the LOCTEK to protect my iPad from falling and risk damaging my expensive work tools investments. I recommend the LOCTEK tablet support, It gives me the option to use speakers via blue-tooth which is a very cool feature i really like this device and it does the job in protecting your expensive tablets.
- I have a YouTube channel, And for me it is essential to have a monitor that allows me to see what I’m recording at real-time, So that i can get an idea on what the final product is going to look like, So I rigged a small Monitor to which I patch through my camera/video, To help me keep the monitor secure & steady I use the Loctek TV mount, it allows me to move and adjust the monitor via a handy boom-arm the YouTube channel tv mount is also equipped with a heavy duty power cord that its concealed via the frame of the TV mount.
- A set of studio lights, will be helpful if you plan to take pictures or make videos, ideally record in the day time to take advantage of the natural lighting, You can find Studio lighting online in all price ranges, These are the Lights that i use.
- It is essential to have comfortable work chair,if your planing to burn the midnight oil in your new home office it will prevent lots of back aches , I recommend visiting specialty shops where you can try and find the one that suits your needs.
- Give your work space a personal touch, this is your space and your new place will need to feel comfortable with the right kind of vibe, so add photos art work, inspirational images, scented candles to help you have a relaxing day. In my case I have frames with pictures of my family, Some art prints of featuring the beautiful City Of New York, a place where I lived for man years and have many fond memories of my family. The Digital art work is by VividEditions digital watercolor they have lots beautiful paintings at affordable prices, I also added digital are prints in my daughters rooms.
After completing your days work,try to leave everything organized for your next day. that way you can start your day off with lots of energy and new ideas for your projects, and it takes no more than a couple of minutes per day.